Given the Ordinance No. 1.096, of December 30, 2020, from the Ministry of Education, which provides that “teaching activities carried out by Federal Education System Institutions, within the scope of technical vocational secondary education, should take place in person from March 1, 2021, observance of protocols is recommended of biosafety to face the Covid-19 pandemic ”; the worsening numbers associated with the Covid-19 pandemic in early 2021; and the measures adopted in the State of São Paulo; the Rector clarifies that:
- reiterates what has already been expressed in previous demonstrations, such as in Rector's Note No. 06, of April 28, 2020, your first commitment is to life;
- the IFSP carefully monitors the current legislation, including the Federal Constitution and the guidelines issued by the National Education Council (CNE), seeking, whenever necessary, guidance from the Federal Attorney's Office with the IFSP.
- the IFSP will continue to base its guidelines and decisions regarding the Covid-19 pandemic on technical criteria and scientifically based information;
all planning must be carried out in advance, so that the elaboration of biosafety protocols must take place so that, when possible, face-to-face activities are carried out safely for the IFSP community, even allowing for the forecast of necessary inputs for this protection .
- a general biosafety protocol, based on technical standards, general and specific protocols for educational institutions, is in the final stages of preparation, under the guidance of an IFSP health professional, which will present the latest guidelines from health authorities and scientific institutions, which may be complemented by local protocols that are necessary, provided that they have a technical-scientific basis, considering the specificities of the IFSP campuses.
- the elaboration of this biosafety protocol is not associated with any expected return date, being important, as already mentioned, for the institution's planning.
Thus, the Rector of the IFSP advises that the campuses remain primarily in remote activity, not having, for the moment, a forecast of suspension of emergency remote education or alteration of the measures established by IFSP Ordinance No. 2.337, of June 26, 2020, which will happen with the premise of community security and depending on the development of the pandemic in the different regions of the State, as well as the situation of the different municipalities that host the IFSP campuses.